Our booth was not the wildest at the show (no VR, sports cars or candy floss), but Novidea got plenty of attention at the 2017 British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) Conference & Exhibition.
This was our second year at the U.K.s largest event for the broker community, and what’s clear is that the technology pain brokers are feeling is only getting more intense. Our video testimonials from Hyperion, Howden and Leaderim drew in large numbers of interested attendees, as did our live demo of Novidea for Brokers. (We are forever grateful to our gracious clients who took the time to share their experiences on camera.)
While sharing the Novidea platform story was one reason we made our way to Manchester, we were also there to listen. What we heard again and again at BIBA 2017 is that brokers are facing real business challenges caused by weaknesses in their technology tools. Here are five of the top complaints we consistently heard in our conversations with brokers:
- They struggle to customize workflows to meet changing business needs
- It takes too long for their current tech providers to make changes to the product mix
- It’s too difficult to truly understand and analyze the entire product mix and book of business
- Visualization is virtually nonexistent in their current systems
- Current systems don’t offer flexible reporting and dashboards
It felt great to be able to showcase these very capabilities and assets of our platform directly to audiences mired down by old technology. We look forward to many follow-up conversations and to empowering these brokers with better decision-making tools.