Product Owner - UK
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner who is passionate about building products that customers love.
You will guide an Agile team that designs, develops, maintains, and supports applications for insurance brokers and agents, work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Product Manager business analyst, you will be charged with gathering requirements coming from Product, sales and support teams and help to develop new ideas based on your industry expertise. Post gathering the requirements, you will specify them in the form of user stories and cases. Upon moving requirements into the development phase, you will work with R&D and QA to ascertain the requirements are being met.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical traits, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be able to effectively translate business needs to technical requirements while working closely with engineering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Managing different aspects of the product from roadmap, releases, specification and documentation
- Take into consideration current and future features by following product road map and on occasion speaking with or visiting customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, research).
- Creating and refining user stories in collaboration with the team
- Explaining the goals of the feature to the development team, and stakeholders through the use of commonly used storyboards and other tools made available.
- Supporting go live projects when using new features and modules
- Proven Experience in Insurance verticals Software systems in the London market.
- Familiarity with London Market insurance agencies, corresponding data, and their processes – Big advantage
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Business Analyst in an Agile development environment, a Product Owner is a big advantage
- Proven track record of ability to architect product modules and prior technical experience, preferably coding related is an advantage
- Extensive experience with writing product requirement documents
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- proven track record working with technical teams in a global organization
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills